What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored onto your computer when you visit certain web pages.
What do cookies do?
For you to get the best of the online shopping and personalised services available on distinctiverings.co.uk, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies. This is because we can only provide you with certain personalised features by using them.
What is stored on cookies?
We use encrypted information gathered from cookies to help improve your experience when visiting our website. For example, cookies help us to determine relevant products to show you when you are browsing or help us identify and resolve errors.
Where do cookies come from?
Most of the cookies on our site come directly from distinctiverings.co.uk
Why do I need to know about cookies?
We are offering you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation and to make sure that we are honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
Managing your cookies
If you would prefer to block or delete cookies from distinctiverings.co.uk, or any other site, you can use your internet browser to do this. Every browser is different, so look at the Help menu on your browser, or your mobile phone’s manual to see how to reset your cookie preferences.
To enable cookies
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on ‚Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‚About’ option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‚About’ option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs Google Chrome
– Click on ‚Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Option
– Click the ‚Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‚Privacy’ section, and select the ‚Content settings’ button
– Now select ‚Allow local data to be set’ Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
– Click on ‚Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‚Internet options’, then click on the ‚Privacy’ tab
– Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser (settings above Medium will disable cookies)
– Click on ‚Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
– Then select the Privacy icon
– Click on Cookies, then select ‚allow sites to set cookies’
– Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‚Preferences’ option
– Click on ‚Security’, check the option that says ‚Block third-party and advertising cookies’
– Click ‚Save’
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs Safari on OSX
– Click on ‚Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‚Preferences’ option
– Click on ‚Security’ then ‚Accept cookies’
– Select the ‚Only from site you navigate to’
All other browsers: We support all the browsers listed above but for all other browsers please consult your documentation or online help files.